Francis Downing also works in the Detection and Investigation of Forged works, for Police forces in the U.K. and Europe and has linked through Interpol with investigations in the U.S.
- As a Forensic Conservator his work involves:-
- Investigations and Technical Analysis for authenticity
- Research Sources
- Identification and investigation into forged works
- Assessments for Fine Art Insurers
- Reports for Loss Adjusters
Over 30 years experience, working as a Forensic Conservator and Investigator in conservation, research and recovery throughout Europe.